Lake Forest Park, Washington
17171 Bothell Way NE, #A007
Lake Forest Park, WA 98155
Lake Forest Park Towne Center next to Albertsons
Open Today Until 6:00 pm
|Monday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||10:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Friday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Sunday||11:00 am - 5:00 pm|
Amy Legg & Kellie Watts Franchise Store OwnersView Our Store Site
NOW HIRING AN ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER!
$14 - $16.00/hour
Wild Birds Unlimited of Lake Forest Park is looking for an Assistant Store Manager. This position is responsible for assisting with profitably managing the day to day operations of the store by following the best practices and leading other store associates to provide a welcoming and high-energy customer experience.
We are a destination that makes people happy, and we want to create an exciting and fun environment where people love to come and shop. The Assistant Store Manager is a critical leader in assisting with coaching, developing, and motivating sales associates to directly impact our organizational and overall goals, as well as being a sales leader on the floor.
We are looking for a high-energy, happy and upbeat person who will help make the customer experience fun and exciting. We are a small store that builds relationships with our customers, knows them by name, and looks forward to having them in the store regularly. The right candidate has the ability to connect with customers, easily make conversation, discern their needs, and put them at ease in educating and helping them find what they are looking for in the store.
• Open and closes the store as required
• Assist with the day-to-day operations in the store
• Continually work towards achieving sales goals
• Assist customers as needed
• Run the Point of Sale (POS) system
• Conduct periodic inventory counts by department to ensure accuracy in the POS system
• Demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic and professional demeanor and communicates well with other team members.
• Place orders with vendors as directed by Store Manager and Owners
• Assist the Owner and Store Manager in maintaining adequate inventory levels and communicate information to them regarding inventory turn
• Assist the team in checking-in, receiving and committing merchandise, and implement pricing updates as directed
Selling / Customer Experience
• Understand that the high-energy, happy customer experience is our store’s #1 priority.
• Use successful selling skills, including active listening to satisfy the customer’s need and complete the sale
• Add to average ticket as possible with each sale with the offering of additional products.
• Assist other team members on best practices and high-level customer experience.
• Understand and communicate the store’s merchandise and target products to the customer.
• Prepare displays and signage for upcoming promotions and events.
• Keep merchandising displays neat, full, and interesting at all times
• Adhere to all store policies and procedures regarding the ringing of all transactions and any administrative duties as needed
• Help keep store office and backroom clean and organized.
• Keep sales tickets and other sales-related information neatly organized
• Mail invoices, packing slips and sales tickets to Owners
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
• Must have 3+ years hands-on retail management experience and be familiar with a POS system.
• Must be extremely focused and have great attention to detail.
• Experience receiving inventory, pricing inventory, and managing inventory flow required.
• College degree preferred but not required.
• Interest in nature and outdoor activities preferred.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to act with integrity and professionalism to ensure that all business is conducted without bias or prejudice.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., climb a 10-foot ladder, perform frequent standing, walking, repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will include opening, closing, weekend shifts, filling in for other team members who are ill or on vacation, working during seed sales (typically the first 2-3 weeks in October and February), on Black Friday and during the Christmas holiday season.
Why you'll love it here
Our customers are happy and excited when they come in the store, because they are doing something they enjoy and want to learn more about their hobby. We work together as a team, and value everyone's input as we work together to continually make the store better.
We can’t wait to meet you!
NOW HIRING A RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
$12 - $13.00/hour
We are seeking a Part-Time Sales Associate with great retail and service skills. Working at your locally owned Wild Birds Unlimited store is an opportunity to support and educate our friendly customers about birds and nature.
Our Sales Associates work with other staff, including the owner, to bring to life the store’s mission – “We Bring People and Nature Together®…And We Do It With Excellence!” To that end, we provide training with regard to backyard bird feeding, bird watching and product knowledge.
The difference between Wild Birds Unlimited and other retailers goes far beyond what we sell. It's who we are. Enthusiasm, professionalism, informed advice and superior customer service are the hallmarks of our staff. We are seeking a Part-Time Sales Associate with great retail and service skills.
Working at the Lake Forest Park Wild Birds Unlimited store is an opportunity to support and educate our friendly customers about birds and nature. Our Sales Associates work with other staff, including the owners, to bring to life the store’s mission – “ We Bring People and Nature Together®…And We Do It With Excellence! ” To that end, we provide training with regard to backyard bird feeding, bird watching and product knowledge.
- Prior retail experience preferred.
- Our goal is to provide quality products, service, expertise and a high-energy shopping experience.
- Friendly, outgoing disposition.
- Wild bird feeding experience is a plus.
- Interest in nature and wildlife is a requirement.We are open 7 days a week and associates must be available to work at least one weekend day as well as weekdays.
- Seed sales generally occur the first two weeks in October and the first two weeks in February and sales associates must be available to work during these busy periods. Vacations are not permitted during these periods.
- Black Friday and the two weeks leading up to the Christmas holiday are busy times, and sales associates must be available to work during these periods. Vacation is not permitted during these periods.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lb. bags of birdseed - a foundation of our service!
- Ability to climb a 10 foot ladder.
- Ability to work in a fast paced setting and spend extended periods of time on ones feet.
- Comfortable with computers and able to use a computer-based POS system and Excel spreadsheets (training provided).
- The bird, hobby, product, and sales training needed to do the job well
- A positive, pleasant working environment
- Generous store discount after 90 days of service
- Flexible hours
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING WILD BIRDS UNLIMITED FOR YOUR NEW CAREER OPPORTUNITY!
SEND YOUR RESUME AND A COVER LETTER TO [email protected] OR STOP BY THE STORE TO FILL OUT AN APPLICATION!