LEARN ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF WATER TO BIRDS DURING HOT WEATHER
Date: Saturday, July 13, 2019
Location: Wild Birds Unlimited of Lake Forest Park
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Summer weather in Western Washington has been consistently warmer and drier for a number of years in row now, making it very important to provide clean, fresh water for our birds.
During our seminar, hosted by Daphne, you will get valuable information on the importance of providing water for your backyard birds, including how you can actually attract birds to your backyard by having a water source that is constantly moving. You will learn things like:
- What are the important things to look for in a Birdbath.
- Why use a hanging birdbath vs a pedestal birdbath.
- How to attract more Bird species with moving water and prevent mosquitoes from laying their eggs.
- What are the options for creating moving water in your yard.
- Placement for optimum use.
Water (or the lack thereof) can be dangerously serious for birds. Birds must be ready to fly at all times, and bathing is a critical part of feather maintenance and staying in top-flight condition. Offering a dependable source of water is probably the simplest and most important step you can take to greatly increase the variety of birds in your yard.
Come in and find out the best practices for making sure your birds have the water sources they need to remain healthy and bring you continued joy!